Advance Training ProgramsBack To Medical Education and Examination
Medical Residency training for graduates in the medical field who are interested in enhancing their professional expertise by enrolling in structured postgraduate medical professional training.
How to enroll in Residency Program
- Application is available annually from 1st Feb – 31st March
- Start the application here
- Recent photo
- Passport copy
- UAE residency visa (if available)
- Emirate ID (if available)
- Family book for UAE nationals
- For foreign applicant of Emirati mothers, please upload copy of mother passport, mother EID, mother family book, your birth certificate
- For wife of a UAE national, please upload copy of family book with your name listed, husband passport, husband EID, copy of the marriage certificate.
- Completion OR clearance from the national service for male UAE national
- Bachelor degree (less than 5 years old for non UAE nationals)
- Internship certificate (for Medical, Dentist and non UAE pharmacist)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Experience(s) (if available)
- Health license(s) (mandatory if experience /non UAE internship is available)
- Good standing certificate(s) (mandatory if experience /non UAE internship is available)
- Academic status (if the applicant is or was a resident)
- No objection letter from HR and the PD for current residents (UAE applicants can submit new application to change the specialty if they are only in R1)
- No objection letter from the current employer (mandatory if experience is available).
- Proof that your degree was taught in English or academic IELTS with 6 score and above or TOEFL with 79 score and above or OET with score C and above (international applicants)
- Note: Further documents may be required based on DOH review
All applicants for MEAD must meet the following eligibility criteria:- Successful Pass of Residency entrance examination.- Medical school degree + completion of medical internship before residency program start date i.e. 1st of September. - Medical School graduation degree within 5 years.
- Additional criteria will be determined on an annual basis and made available to all applicants
- Should not be in discontinuity of practice, for more information please refer to page 13 in the PQR
- Non-UAE nationals will be limited to apply for residency programs for three times only
- For applicants applying for Medical Education program in Abu Dhabi and currently employed in UAE, no objection letter from the current employer will be mandatory.
- Applicant who joined Medical Education program in Abu Dhabi and currently enrolled in residency/fellowship training wishing to submit application to change specialty, must submit no objection letter from both the HR facility and academic status certificate from program director
All medical graduates seeking internship/ residency/fellowship training in Abu Dhabi must do so through the Medical Education program in Abu Dhabi .
No applicant enrolled if he did not pass and go through Medical Education program in Abu Dhabi process.
Changing specialty for active residents permitted once for UAE nationals only.
Application accepted in the second year of the program only.
- Applicants who decline posts during the scramble/post-match process or are not offered posts (in the case of total occupancy of unmatched positions by higher scoring UAE Nationals) will remain unmatched.
- Approved Medical Education program in Abu Dhabi applicants, successfully matched to Medical Education program in Abu Dhabi are not allowed to decline the offered seat. On the other hand, providing proper justifications and after DOH approval, UAE nationals have two attempts to resubmit future applications and Non-UAE nationals have one attempt.
- Applicants will have to agree to, and sign, the new Declaration Form upon submission.
To be matched into a program, you must interview at that program.
NOTE: YOU WILL NOT BE MATCHED TO ANY PROGRAMS THAT YOU DID NOT INTERVIEW IN.
Remember: The more interview sites/teaching facilities you select, the more chances for you to be matched.
- All applicants will be required to indicate if they are currently employed/sponsored by Zayed Military Hospital or The Police or any other organization and will have to attach an official no objection letter from the HR department of your current sponsor, stating they have no objection you joining the Internship/Residency/Fellowship Training Program.
- Completion or clearance from the national service for male UAE- National is mandatory.
- In addition to the third part clearance staff data clearance form, all applicants will also have to fill in the electronic third part clearance form (e-Tarasol). Instructions are available in the application
- Please note, the department of health takes no responsibility for applications with incomplete or erroneous information. These applications will be automatically withdrawn from the Medical Education program in Abu Dhabi process
- Applicants should fulfill the license requirements (i.e. applicant has no discontinuity in practice, please refer to HPQR 2017- link to Attachment 2).