Intermediate Training ProgramBack To Medical Education and Examination
Internship training is a period of supervised clinical practice pursued by graduates of Medical and Dental programs to consolidate the knowledge gained during their study in APS – Intermediate or Advanced.
How to enroll in Internship Program
- Application is available annually from 1st Feb – 31st March
- Start the application here
- Recent photo
- Passport copy
- UAE residency visa (if available)
- Emirate ID (if available)
- Family book for UAE nationals
- For foreign applicant of Emirati mothers, please upload copy of mother passport, mother EID, mother family book, your birth certificate
- For wife of a UAE national, please upload copy of family book with your name listed, husband passport, husband EID, copy of the marriage certificate.
- Completion OR clearance from the national service for male UAE national
- Graduation Certificate (less than 2 years old for non UAE nationals and less than 10 years old for UAE nationals)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- No objection letter from the current employer or sponsor (mandatory if experience is available).
- Proof that your degree was taught in English or academic IELTS with 6 score and above or TOEFL with 79 score and above or OET with score C and above (international applicants)
- Note: Further documents may be required based on DOH review
- Additional criteria will be determined on an annual basis and made available to all applicants
- Should not be in discontinuity of practice, for more information please refer to page 13 in the PQR
- For applicants applying for MEAD and currently employed inside UAE, no objection letter from the current employer will be mandatory.
All medical graduates seeking internship/ residency/fellowship training in Abu Dhabi must do so through the MEAD program.
No applicant enrolled if he did not pass and go through MEAD process.
- Applicants who decline posts during the scramble/post-match process or are not offered posts (in the case of total occupancy of unmatched positions by higher scoring UAE Nationals) will remain unmatched.
- Approved MEAD applicants, successfully matched to MEAD are not allowed to decline the offered seat. On the other hand, providing proper justifications and after DOH approval, UAE nationals have two attempts to resubmit future applications and Non-UAE nationals have one attempt.
- Applicants will have to agree to, and sign, the new Declaration Form upon submission.
To be matched into a program, you must interview at that program.
NOTE: YOU WILL NOT BE MATCHED TO ANY PROGRAMS THAT YOU DID NOT INTERVIEW IN.
Remember: The more interview sites/teaching facilities you select, the more chances for you to be matched.
- All applicants will be required to indicate if they are currently employed/sponsored by Zayed Military Hospital or The Police or any other organization and will have to attach an official no objection letter from the HR department of your current sponsor, stating they have no objection you joining the Internship/Residency/Fellowship Training Program-MEAD.
- Completion or clearance from the national service for male UAE- National is mandatory.
- In addition to the third part clearance staff data clearance form, all applicants will also have to fill in the electronic third part clearance form (e-Tarasol). Instructions are available in the application
- Please note, the department of health takes no responsibility for applications with incomplete or erroneous information. These applications will be automatically withdrawn from the mead process