Intermediate Training ProgramBack To Medical Education and Examination
Return Back to Practice Program
Return Back to Practice training is for healthcare professionals who have discontinued their practice for more than two (2) years; the training is available in APS – Intermediate or Advanced.
How to enroll in Return Back to Practice Training Program
- You should apply for e-licensing system, the licensing department will review the application and will decide the training and CME requirement.
For information on how to apply for e-licensing system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- When you receive the comment from licensing that you need training, Download the programmes list
- Search for the specialty and training facility
- Contact the training facility directly
- After completing the training, please send email to CMEsection@doh.gov.ae with the following:
- Training Certificate
- CME certificates
- Comment from e-licensing system
The end of training certificate will be issued and returned to the applicant via email
Discontinuity of Practice
- Healthcare professionals who have an interruption of clinical practice exceeding two (2) years and opting to be licensed in the UAE must follow the CME/CPD requirements below.
- All CME/CPD credits must be related to practice specialty of the healthcare professional, and according to the CME/CPD specific requirements of the Authorities.
- All applicants are required to complete a clinical training program accredited by Regulatory Authority in the specialty field.
- All clinical training programs shall be carried out in an approved practice setting by the Authorities.
- All applicants (Apart from UAE nationals) after completion of CME/CPD credits and clinical training program are required to pass the Authorities licensure assessment to obtain the license to practice; this does not apply to those whose exams are valid in accordance to the exam validity policy.
- In general Non UAE nationals will not be able to apply for a license if they have a gap of clinical practice for more than 5 years (and more than 10 years for UAE nationals)
|Gap of Practice||Physician/Dentist||Nurse||Allied Health/Pharmacist||TCAM|
|From Two to less than Three years||40 CME credits 4 months of training||20 CME credits 4 months of training||10 CME credits 4 months of training||
10 CME credits 4 months of training
|From Three to less than Four years||80 CME credits 6 months of training||40 CME credits 6 months of training||20 CME credits 6 months of training||20 CME credits 6 months of training|
|From Four to less than Five years||120 CME credits 8 months of training||60 CME credits 8 months of training||30 CME credits 8 months of training||30 CME credits 8 months of training|
|From Five to Ten years (UAE nationals ONLY)||200 CME credits 12 months of training||100 CME credits 12 months of training||50 CME credits 12 months of training||50 CME credits 12 months of training|