Requirements and Considerations
Nurses Licensure Requirements
Nurses applying for licensure must fulfill the following requirements:
- Must be graduates from National and/ or International recognized Nursing college/University.
- For graduates from the UAE universities, the program and university must be accredited by the Ministry of Education (MOE/NQA).
- Qualifications acquired through honorary nature, correspondence or distance learning are not counted towards the PQR requirements.
- Required Bachelor degree must be a minimum of three (3) years full time course duration.
- All non-UAE national graduate nurses from UAE universities are required to successfully complete (six (6) months) internship post- graduation.
- UAE National nurses are exempted from the experience and internship requirements for the basic entry level.
- Applicants must hold a valid License/ Registration to practice in their home country and/or country of last employment (Where applicable).
- Assistant Nurses and Assistant Midwives cannot work independently and shall work under a registered nurse or midwife.
- All Nurses must hold a minimum of current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification or others according to scope of practice.
- Academic transcript must be submitted for credentialing purpose in which determination of disciplines shall be applied.