Requirements and Considerations
Allied Healthcare professionals applying for licensure must fulfill the following requirements:
- Must be graduates from National and/ or International recognized college/University.
- For graduates from the UAE universities, the program and university must be accredited by the Ministry of Education (MOE).
- Higher diploma certificates from The Higher Colleges of Technology in the UAE will be equivalent to Bachelor degree as per MOE standard.
- Required Bachelor degree must be a minimum of three (3) years full time course duration.
- Required Master’s degree must be a minimum of two (2) years full time course duration.
- Master/PhD (In the area of specialty) will reduce one (1) year from the required experience for licensing provided that the Master’s/ PhD degree is not mandatory to obtain the selected title.
- Qualifications acquired through honorary nature, correspondence distance learning are not counted towards the PQR requirements.
- All non-UAE national graduate allied healthcare professionals from UAE universities are required to successfully complete Six (6) months internship post- graduation.
- UAE National allied healthcare professionals are exempted from the experience and internship requirements for the basic entry level.
- Applicants must hold a valid License/ Registration to practice in their home country and/or country of last employment (Where applicable).
- Assistant allied healthcare professionals cannot work independently and shall work under a licensed Allied Healthcare professional.
- Academic transcript must be submitted for credentialing purpose in which determination of disciplines shall be applied.