Requirements and Considerations for TCAM
TCAM Healthcare Professionals Licensure Requirements
TCAM Healthcare professionals applying for Licensure must fulfill the following requirements:
- All applicants must demonstrate a current valid license/ registration to practice in home country or country of last employment (Where applicable).
- Physician must hold a valid Authorities license to practice as a physician relevant to the Authority he/she is applying to TCAM profession will be considered as an extended scope (Privilege) for the physician.
- All applicants must submit their complete transcripts that indicate the theory and clinical hours as applicable.
- Cupping shall be considered within the scope of Chinese medicine.
- Hijama shall be considered within the scope of Unani medicine.
- UAE nationals who wish to be licensed as Hijama Practitioner will be evaluated on case by case by the designated Authorities
- All TCAM practitioners must hold a valid BLS certificate.