Department of Health strongly believes in the critical role of research and innovation to drive better healthcare outcomes while improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the healthcare system in Abu Dhabi.
Department of Health is regionally and globally recognized for its role in enabling Research and Innovation across many dimensions such as artificial intelligence, medical devices, telemedicine, digital platforms, big data, blockchain, assistive technologies, wearables, digital twins, augmented and virtual reality. with a portfolio of over 60 successful startups incubated at its health-tech hub ecosystem connected with local and international partners with a significant impact on UAE's healthcare system.
In an effort further encourage the culture of research and innovation among Health Care Providers, The Department of Health is launching the Research and Innovation Grant. The grant is dedicated to support researchers, innovators, and entrepreneurs from Abu Dhabi’s healthcare ecosystem to solve critical challenges impacting the healthcare sector. The grant awardee will have the opportunity to conduct clinical trials and bring their ideas to the market through the support of DoH’s Research and Innovation Center and our partners in the ecosystem.
- Encourage culture of research and innovation among HCP.
- Promote clinical research and increase the amount of IP generated in Abu Dhabi
- Leverage advanced platforms for clinical research in Abu Dhabi.
- Enhance the national capabilities in clinical research.
- Support precision and personalized medicine.
- Clinical Research: 500,000 AED
- Proof of Concept: 200,000 AED
Who Can Participate
- Abu Dhabi licensed healthcare providers
- Abu Dhabi licensed Healthcare professionals
- Research partners collaborating in joint research projects with Abu Dhabi Healthcare Providers
Research Grant Focus Areas
Cardio-Metabolic & Vascular Disorders
Cancer & Rare Disease
Emerging Infectious Disease and Antimicrobial Resistance
Innovation Grant Focus Areas
Prevention and management of chronic diseases
What can be funded
- Clinical research in Abu Dhabi healthcare facilities or in collaborations with them.
- Conducting a Proof of Concept project within an Abu Dhabi licensed Healthcare Facility
- Further non-financial support from DoH Health Sector Innovation Division team as required
Submit Your Research Proposals and Innovation Ideas
The application is open until 31 of October 2022
- Fill up the call for proposals form
- Fill one of the applications below based on your project:
- a - Medical research application form.
- b - Startup innovation application form.
- c - Proof of concept (PoC) innovation application form.
Participants will be notified with the results two months after submitting their Ideas.
For further details please email us on email@example.com
We are looking forward for your participation!